Ras El Hanout Chicken Salad
This is the chicken dish that keeps on giving, truely it’s the Ras El Hanout spiced chicken that you can add to so many dishes, so make a double batch!
Cook Time:10 minutes
- 2 pounds of boneless skinless chicken thighs
- For the Ras El Hanout Marinade:
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon Equagold Ras El Hanout spice mix
- 1 cup plain unsweetened yogurt
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice (zest the lemon first)
- 2 tablespoons virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Spanish Salt Flakes
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (add extra chilly flakes if you like it really hot)
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh mint
- 1 extra tablespoon olive oil for tossing salad
- Mix all the ingredients together, add the chicken and toss to coat. Allow chicken pieces to marinate in spiced blend for at least an hour and up to 6 hours, covered, in the fridge.
- Heat the grill or iron cast fry pan to medium-high. Grill the chicken for 5-6 minutes per side or until it's cooked through.
- Blend warm chicken with baby spinach leaves, extra tablespoon olive oil and garnish with pomegranate seeds
- Optional - dust with a sprinkle of Ras El Hanout blend before serving