Vanilla Panna Cotta
Prep Time:1 hour
Cook Time:1 hour
Vanilla Panna Cotta Recipe:
- 1 cups cream
- 1 cup milk
- 2 Equagold vanilla pods, split and seeds scraped or 1/3 tsp Equagold Vanilla Paste
- ¾ cup sugar
- 4 sheets Equagold Gold Grade Gelatine, or 2 Sheets Equagold Extra strength Gold Grade
- 250g Rhubarb, chopped into batons
- 250g Sugar
- 1 Tsp Equagold Vanilla & Star Anise Extract
- Slowly bring the cream, milk, vanilla pods and seeds, and sugar to the boil.
- Soak the gelatine leaves in cold water for approximately 10 minutes.
- Squeeze out the excess water from the gelatine leaves, stir into the cream and milk mixture.
- When dissolved, strain the mixture into a large jug.
- Cool to room temperature.
- Pour into presentation glasses of choice. Martini shaped glasses work well.
- Cover moulds with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 4 hours.
- Lightly simmer the rhubarb, sugar, water and Equagold Vanilla and Star Anise extract until just tender.
- Set aside in a bowl.
- Take 1/2 cup of this and process until smooth, then push through a sieve, straining into the original saucepan.(Discard left over in the sieve).
- Simmer the juice until reduced to a thick syrup (approx 50%).
- When cool, pour over the set Vanilla Panna Cotta, and re-chill until ready to serve.