Dutch Cocoa Fudge
Add this to your list of holiday treats to make, this moorish Fugde will keep well in the freezer too
- Combine first four ingredients in a large sauce pan.
- Whisk to mix and heat over medium high heat, stirring often.
- When it reaches a boil, stop stirring and let it boil until a candy thermometer reads between 118°C - 120°C. Usually about 10 minutes
- Remove from heat. Add butter and vanilla.
- Allow the mixture to cool until the candy thermometer reads 43°C (40 mins)
- DIY - beat the fudge by hand for 20-25 minutes until it begins to lose its shine, or beat in a mixer for 8-10 minutes, on the lowest setting.
- Pour the beaten fudge into a parchment lined pan.
- Cool at room temperature for 2-3 hours or cool the fudge in the fridge