Berbere Spice Blend 50g Shaker Pack
Berbere Spice is an Ethiopian blend of spices, which results in a aromatic peppery spicy mixture. It is the most essential spice blend used in east African cuisine, Eritrea, Djibouti, Ethiopia, Somalia‰Û_ It is quite spicy and in Ethiopia they use it in just about anything, simply use it ‰ÛÏas is‰ for a dry meat rub or try adding it to help spice up any ordinary dish and savour those complex, exotic aromas and flavours
Don‰۪t confuse Berbere (pronounced ber-ber-ray) with the Moroccan Berber spice mix. Berbere literally means hot in Amharic.
Tips for using Equagold Berbere Spice Blend:
- Used as a rub on meat or fish where it delivers a hint of curry
- Will heighten the notes of any slow cooked meat stew or curry
- Keep it on hand for your BBQ
- Will spice up any couscous and rice dish to perfection
- Superb sprinkled over salads, chips, potato wedges, yoghurt dips
- Love Berbere? Then adventurously add to soups and sauces
- 50g spice pot with a sprinkler top
- View Berbere bulk sizes
Blended in New Zealand from imported ingredients. Contains: allspice, cardamom, cloves, fenugreek, ginger, black pepper, and salt.
100% Pure fine food ingredients ‰ÛÒ No additives ‰ÛÒ No bulking agents ‰ÛÒ No free flow agents