The berries are dried and crushed to form a coarse powder that has a wonderful rich purple-red colour. Sumac is used widely in cookery in Arabia, Turkey and the Levant, and especially in Lebanese cuisine. In these areas it is a major souring agent, used where other regions would employ lemon, tamarind or vinegar.
Equagold’s Aromatic Sumac is imported from Syria and is the finest quality available.
Tips for using Equagold Sumac Spice:
- Dry rubbed onto kebabs before grilling
- Perfect match for any Chicken dish
- Barbecue – For seafood, make a paste with Grapeseed Oil, Vanilla Powder and spread over the seafood, then BBQ, pan fry or grill.
- Popular spinkled over starters, salads and sides
- Zesty ingredient to add to salad dressings and marinades
- Can also be added to stews, vegetable and chicken casseroles
We’d love to see what you’re creating in your kitchen, tag us so we can see and share #equagold
- 500g Resealable bag
- View Sumac Spice bulk sizes
Packaged in New Zealand, imported from Syria. Contains: Sumac
100% Pure fine food ingredients – No additives – No bulking agents – No free flow agents