Green Cardamom Pods 40g Shaker Pack
Green cardamom has a strong, unique spicy-sweet taste, which is deliciously pungent and aromatic.
Cardamom is a spice native to the Middle East, North Africa, and Scandinavia. There are three types of cardamom; green cardamom, black cardamom and Madagascar cardamom… Most recipes usually call for green cardamom. To obtain the best results always buy cardamom seeds still in the pods. If you buy loose cardamom seeds or ground cardamom these tend to have ‘lost’ their flavour and fragrance.
Cardamom is more expensive than average spices but don’t be put off – a little goes a long way. Using the seeds direct from the pod or grinding the seeds yourself will result in a fresher, stronger representation of the spice.
It is an essential ingredient in Arabic coffee. The freshly ground seeds are added to the coffee or a few pods are put in the coffeepot. Arabic nomads sometimes own coffeepots that can keep several cardamom capsules in their spouts. Arabs also use cardamom in meat and rice dishes with other spices.
It is a popular spice in Northern and Eastern Africa. It is used in the Moroccan spice mixtures. . Curry contains small amounts of cardamom.
Matches well with: chicken, coffee, curries, duck, lentils, meat, oranges, peas, rice, squash East Indian, Scandinavian, Arabic and Central African cuisines use cardamom frequently.
Tips for using Equagold Green Cardamom:
- Matches with most meats, chicken, duck, lentil
- Intensify your next homemade curry, depending on size of curry add 2-4 pods that have been ‘crushed open (discard pod and seeds before serving)
- Scandinavian countries use cardamom for cookies and sweetbreads
- East Indian, Arabic and Central African cuisines use cardamom frequently so be on the lookout for chances to use your fresh Green Cardamom in these dishes
- Used in Indian, Persian and Arabic milk based sweet treats and desserts, pop a few seeds in your rice pudding recipe
- Matches perfectly with orange or mandarin, try it for a delightful outcome
- 40g bottle with a sprinkler top
- View Green Cardamom bulk sizes & other Equagold cardamom products
Gluten Free – 100% Pure fine food ingredients