Prep Time:20-30 mins
Cook Time:1 hour
- ¾ Cup of chopped dried Mango (If you haven't got mangos, you can make this recipe using apricots).
- ¾ cup of boiling water
- ½ tsp of baking soda
- Add the chopped mango to the boiling water and stir in the baking soda. Allow to cool.
- 125g of softened butter
- ½ cup of Equagold organic raw vanilla sugar
- 2 eggs
- ½ tsp of Equagold Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1½ cup of self-raising flour
- 2 tbsp custard powder
- ½ cup of desiccated coconut
- 1 cup of Equagold white chocolate bits
- 75 g butter
- ½ cup of Equagold Pure Vanilla Organic Raw Sugar
- ½ cup of flour
- ¼ cup of shredded coconut
- ½ tsp of Equagold True Cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Line the base of a 20cm round loose bottomed cake tin.
- Cream the butter and the vanilla raw sugar until light & creamy
- Add eggs & Pure Vanilla Extract & beat well until light.
- Add the flour, custard powder, coconut, cooled fruit mixture & chocolate bits.
- Without over mixing, stir until combined.
- Pour into prepared cake tin and then sprinkle over the topping evenly.
- Bake in the oven for 40 to 50 minutes, or until a skewer comes out clean.
- When cooked leave in the tin for 15 minutes and then remove and place on a cake rack.
- Prepare the topping first by melting the butter in a small saucepan.
- Remove from the heat & stir in dry ingredients and sit and allow to cool.
Serve cold sprinkled with icing sugar, for dessert add sweetened Mascarpone Cream and drizzle with a delicious Vanilla Syrup:
- 250ml water
- 125g Caster Sugar
- The seeds of 2 Vanilla Pods or 125g Raw Vanilla Sugar