This is the chicken dish that keeps on giving, truely it’s the Ras El Hanout spiced chicken that you can add to so many dishes, so make a double batch!
Cook Time:10 minutes
- 2 pounds of boneless skinless chicken thighs
- For the Ras El Hanout Marinade:
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon Equagold Ras El Hanout spice mix
- 1 cup plain unsweetened yogurt
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice (zest the lemon first)
- 2 tablespoons virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Spanish Salt Flakes
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (add extra chilly flakes if you like it really hot)
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh mint
- 1 extra tablespoon olive oil for tossing salad
- Mix all the ingredients together, add the chicken and toss to coat. Allow chicken pieces to marinate in spiced blend for at least an hour and up to 6 hours, covered, in the fridge.
- Heat the grill or iron cast fry pan to medium-high. Grill the chicken for 5-6 minutes per side or until it's cooked through.
- Blend warm chicken with baby spinach leaves, extra tablespoon olive oil and garnish with pomegranate seeds
- Optional - dust with a sprinkle of Ras El Hanout blend before serving