Delicious nutrient-rich, nutty wild rice is taking on a Caribbean twist
- Place the wild rice in a medium pot with 4 cups of water and 2 teaspoons of Himalayan pink salt and bring to a boil. Simmer uncovered for 50 to 60 minutes, until the rice is very tender.
- Drain well and place the rice back in the pot.
- Stir in the 1 teaspoon of Jamaican Spice Blend.
- Cover and allow to steam for 10 minutes.
- While the rice is still warm, place it in a mixing bowl.
- Add the olive oil, lime juice, 1/2 teaspoon of salt, and the pepper. Allow to sit for 30 minutes for the flavours to blend. Taste for seasonings (add the extra 1 teaspoon of Jamaican Jerk spice to taste)
- Decorate with cherry tomatoes and serve at room temperature.