Prep Time:1 hour
Cook Time:1 hour
- 1x Large Size Chocolate Energy Bar ( or use Equagold 250g 53% Couverture Chocolate)
- 2 eggs (preferably sz 7)
- ½ cup Castor Sugar
- 1 rounded cup of desiccated Coconut
- 2tbs each of a mix of quality dried fruit--try and locate some glace pears, or peaches, figs.
- 2 tbsp Equagold Glace Ginger –chopped
- 2 tbsp chopped cherries (optional)
- Icing Sugar to dust
If using block Chocolate, chop this first (no need to chop buttons). Place in a double saucepan over hot water, heat gently, stirring until melted and smooth. Spread the chocolate over the base of a well greased (or lined with baking paper) lamington tin. Refrigerate until firm. Beat together the eggs, sugar until frothy. Gently fold in the fruit and coconut. Spread over firm chocolate. Bake in a moderate oven (170 degree C) for 10-15 mins until the topping is golden brown and firm to the touch. Cool and refrigerate. Before serving, dust with icing sugar, and cut into triangles or fingers.